With a few simple upgrades, you can transform a bland bed of greens into a robust and craveable salad that will make your taste buds do a little dance! One of those upgrades—which I talk about in my video “How To Create The Best Salad Bar Ever”—is a tantalizing dressing. Sure, store-bought dressings may seem like the easier choice—especially when you’re pressed for time—but homemade dressings take just a minute or two to throw together. Plus, when you make it yourself, you get full control over what winds up on your plate. This especially comes in handy if you follow a gluten-free lifestyle like my family. Did you know many bottled salad dressings contain gluten as thickening agents? Not only is this green dressing gluten-free, it’s also downright delicious. It’s a great combination of sweet and savory, meaning you’ll likely reach for salad seconds.
Greens Galore Dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons Pilli Nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 small sprig fresh taragon
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely measured raw spinach
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Use a hand blender - pulse garlic, shallot, nuts, tarragon, basil, spinach, lemon juice, agave and mustard. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Store in a refrigerated glass jar for up to 2 days.
Tips by Nealy:
1. If you prefer to omit the Pilli nuts you will need to increase the amount of salt to ½ teaspoon. 2. You can substitute pine nuts for the Pilli nuts if you prefer.
3. Click here for Nealy's favorite website for buying Pili nuts.
4. Dressing may need to sit at room temperate after refrigeration.
5. Use your favorite greens as a base, add raw vegetables and top with your favorite protein. Hummus is delicious on top!