Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies

Brownies? Yum. But are they good for you? While I believe all treats can be healthified for a more nutritious twist, we shouldn’t kid ourselves that chocolate is as good for us as a big bowl of vegetables. It all boils down to balance. Research clearly demonstrates that when we deprive ourselves of too many delicious goodies in life, we have a greater chance of rebounding and overindulging instead.

I like to live by the 90:10 rule: Eat clean, fresh foods 90 percent of the time and splurge the other 10 percent. That equates to two “cheat” meals a week. Please do indulge in the occasional treat, because, after all, what’s life without a little chocolate?

My ideal gluten-free fudge brownie is chewy, moist and the right size to hit the spot without being too heavy. If that sounds like your ideal brownie too, get baking!

Tip: Use my chocolate ganache to glaze.

Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies Recipe

Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies

Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 18 mini brownies


  • 1 1/2 cups good quality chocolate
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup almonds finely ground
  • 1/4 cup rice flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt


  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Prepare mini muffin tins and spray with cooking oil to coat. Set aside.
  3. In a double broiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla. Add melted chocolate while whisking to avoid cooking the eggs.
  5. Add almonds, rice flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
  6. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake about 15 minutes until set in center.

Recipe Notes

Do not over bake!
Bake in mini muffin tins for ease of presentation and portion control. If you prefer, this recipe can be baked in a square pan and cut into small bites.
Make extra and freeze. Brownies will keep for two months frozen.

Nealy Fischer of Mayya Movement

This recipe was originally published on Sassy Mama HK.

This FREE guide spills the tea on our 7-part signature framework. Complete with tips for applying it to everyday life, and a curation of top TFC resources to support you on your journey.

Discover The Flexible Life Framework

fabulous life

YOUR                  STARTS NOW

© The Flexible Chef 2024. All rights reserved. | Legal + Terms