White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are a perfect fall treat. Inspired by National Pumpkin Day last month, I thought I would swap my favorite Pumpkin Spice Cookie recipe for a pan of ooey-gooey white chocolate pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. This recipe is everything you want in a fall dessert – moist, satisfying and full of pumpkin spice flavor. Adding in the white chocolate adds a decadent touch, which you could totally omit for a less calorie dense and dairy free version. This just might be your new go-to Thanksgiving dessert.
Pumpkin Bar Tips
- Lay out your wet ingredients the night before to allow them to come to room temperature. Cream cheese and eggs better this way rather than from a chilled state.
- Fold in your dry ingredients. The folding method helps reduce the likelihood of over mixing your batter.
- Allow your baked bars to cool in the pan. The residual heat helps bake the center.
Remember, it’s pretty normal to be tempted to indulge once the holidays kick into high gear. I for one allow myself to enjoy fall goodies, just not every day. It’s all about being flexible right? So enjoy these pumpkin bars as a treat at the end of a long week instead of snacking on them all day long. I like to bake and freeze the leftovers so we aren’t tempted by these everyday because our willpower at home can’t resist these! Find my best freezing tips here, a guide for all foods. To unfreeze your bars, let them come to room temperature instead of reheating. This way it helps prevent drying out these perfect, tender treats.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups Gluten-Free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese; softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter; softened
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Grease an 8 by 10 pan or line with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Whisk all of the dry ingredients.
Add into the same bowl (you're welcome, don't dirty another bowl) oil, eggs, sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
Using a spatula, fold in white chocolate chunks.
Pour mixture into a greased or lined pan and bake for roughly 40 minutes or until center of pan is set. Check often and, as always, do not over-bake!
Allow to cool.
While cooling, make your frosting: Add cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt into a medium bowl. Using a handheld or traditional mixer, mix until well blended and creamed.
Once she pan has cooled, cut into squares, then pipe icing on top of each bite.
Indulge and enjoy!