We love pancakes in this house and you might be surprised to read that this recipe was inspired by one of Liam’s (my youngest son’s) own creations. That boy does love his chocolate! These white chocolate chunk pancakes with ganache are surprisingly effortless to whip up but look incredibly indulgent. The best bit? You probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry.
I prefer gluten-free flours such as coconut and almond. And I usually choose coconut oil for its healthy fats, and maple syrup over refined sugar. However, butter is also never a bad idea. After you taste my white chocolate chunk pancake recipe with chocolate ganache your breakfasts will never be the same!
How To Cook The Perfect Pancakes
- Preheat your griddle. This step is key to a successful pancake. You want to start at a medium heat and then reduce to a medium low once your pan is heated.
- Lightly grease your pan. I like to use coconut oil and then wipe excess oil off with a paper towel or use butter for a more indulgent result.
- Use a measuring cup for your pancake size. My recommendation is to use 1/4 measuring cup so each pancake cooks evenly.
- Don’t rush your pancake! Be sure to cook them on low heat so that they don’t burn-you’ll know the bottom is cooked underneath when tiny bubbles start to appear in the uncooked batter on the top. This takes
- Wait until the bottom gets a nice golden color, about 1 minute, then flip your pancake over.
- Find my favorite skillet that helps cook the perfect pancake!
Perfect, fluffy pancakes starts with almond flour and coconut flour. Your loved ones will thank you!
Chocolate Ganache Topping
For all my chocolate lovers out there, this drool-worthy ganache is made up of only two ingredients and is the perfect drizzle for your pancake stack and a fun alternative to maple syrup. It’s not only quick and super easy but you can use this as a spread, a frosting or a cake filling too. Once you’ve made these white chocolate chunk pancakes with ganache try my craveable chocolate truffles with only 3 ingredients needed!
White Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Ganache
Tender pancakes loaded with indulgent white chocolate then smothered with decadent chocolate ganache.
- Coconut oil for skillet
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chopped
- 8 oz of high quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk
In a small bowl whisk almond flour, coconut flour, hemp seeds and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl mash banana then whisk in almond butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and maple syrup until blended.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Let sit to thicken for 2 minutes.
Slowly blend in almond milk to arrive at a pourable consistency. Feel free to add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your pancakes.
Fold in chopped white chocolate (I sneak in an extra handful!)
Heat oil in skillet and pour a heaping tablespoon or two for each pancake. Use a pancake mold to make pancakes into shapes.
Cook on a low flame until sides are set then flip
Be careful not to burn the chocolate-watch carefully and keep heat low.
Repeat until all your batter is used up.
For the ganache
Chop chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
In a medium pot, bring coconut milk to a boil, then turn off heat.
Whisk chocolate into coconut milk until it's creamy. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Drizzle over your stacked pancakes. Enjoy!
I love baking these pancakes. If you have a shallow muffin tops pan just pour a tablespoon or two into a coconut oil greased tin and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. This way your pancakes come out perfectly shaped and you don’t have to waste time at the skillet.