For the love of cans! I’ve been stocking my pantry for months in anticipation of the coronavirus headed our way. (Our Hong Kong life gave signals of what was to come, so I shopped early!) I shopped so well and loaded up on lots of cans. In quarantine with 4 never-full kids, I feel like I feed them 24/7. Are you with me? If you’re looking for a little break from the kitchen, I’ve got a great meal for you. Enter: this Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry recipe.
This flavorful dish takes just minutes to assemble and, by the time the fam is famished, dinner is served. Boom! This was a success all around. Thanks to the slow cooker, the flavors have enough time to really intensify, making this simple dish a smashing delicious success.
Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry Recipe
Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Chickpea Curry
- Butter or oil for sautéing
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ head garlic, minced
- Handful chopped veggies of choice: cauliflower, zucchini, onions, mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 small can coconut cream
- Bunch fresh coriander
In a small saucepan, melt butter/oil. Add onions and cook on medium until lightly browned, about 5 min.
Remove onions and transfer to slow cooker. To cooker, add chickpeas, marinara, curry, cumin, garlic, ginger, veggies of choice, salt, and pepper. Set cooker to high and leave for 2-3 hours, or until chickpeas are soft.
Add in spinach just until wilted, 30 minutes.
To serve, ladel curry into bowls. Garnish each with a splash of coconut cream and coriander.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook all day until dinnertime!
- Serve with steamed quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice
- Cook on stovetop: After frying onions in a large pot, add rest of ingredients and cook until fragrant, roughly 45-60 min.
- Use any leftover veggies you have in the fridge
Get More Easy-To-Make Recipes
I put together an entire blog post filled with easy-to-make recipes that rely on just the basics. Check it out HERE! Plus, don’t forget to flip through the 100+ recipes in my cookbook, FOOD YOU WANT For The Life You Crave. The recipes inside are easily adaptable, and I give you tips to transform them into 1000 different dishes.