Who doesn’t love a good guacamole? In my humble opinion a good guacamole is one the greatest dishes on the planet — a dip, a side, a garnish and, I confess, sometimes even a snack on its own with a spoon!
It kills me when a perfectly good avocado is wasted on a mushy tasteless guac. So here is my contribution to avocado lovers: the best guacamole ever.
Of course, as you’ll know by now, it’s never just about the ingredients. But here are some crucial tips in the creation process:
- Start with a really good, ripe avocado
- Never, ever over-mush your guacamole. Keep it chunky
- Be liberal with garlic, lemon and salt to pack a punch with flavor
The Best Guacamole Ever Recipe
The Best Guacamole Ever
- 2 large avocados
- Juice of 1-2 medium size limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small tomato seeded and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jalapeño pepper to taste (optional)
Cut Avocado in half
Scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.
Use a knife to slice through the avocado to create small chunks.
Add lime juice, garlic, tomato, cilantro and seasonings.
Use a fork to create the consistency you desire. Do not over-mush!
I like it hot, so I spice up my guacamole with jalapeño peppers or crushed red pepper chilli flakes, but if you're sensitive to too much heat you can always hold back.