Did you know how easy it can be to make homemade sushi? Karin Reiter’s brown rice sushi rolls with mango, cucumber and smoked salmon are so good and so much fun. Karin makes these bites as a healthy alternative for kids party food and has more fantastic ideas for healthified kids parties in her great ebook. In our house we chop up a whole bunch of fillings and everyone assembles and rolls their own sushi which makes for good pre-meal fun.
Mango, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Sushi Recipe
Mango, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Sushi
- 2 cups cooked brown rice short grain
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar alternatively mix 2 tablespoons rice vinegar with 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 3.5 oz smoked salmon 100g
- 1 small cucumber peeled and cut into long sticks
- 1 small mango peeled and cut into long sticks
- 4 nori sheets roasted seaweed sheets
- tamari or soy sauce to serve., gluten free
Combine warm rice with seasoned vinegar. Allow to cool slightly for handling purposed.
Place 1 nori sheet on a clean chopping board and top with 1/2 cup of rice.
Spread the rice evenly over the nori sheet, leaving a 3 cm boarder at the top of the sheet.
Place 1/4 of the salmon along the centre of the rice.
Place 1/4 of the cucumber and the mango sticks over the salmon.
Brush the border of the nori with water and roll tightly.
Press the border to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cut each roll into 6 and serve with tamari or soy sauce. Makes 24 small pieces.