Grab some fresh mint and try this crowd-pleasing champagne mojito. Traditional mojitos rely on soda water for the bubbles, but why not kick your drink up a notch by substituting for champagne or Prosecco? The extra splash of bubbly booze seriously elevates the classic mojito to a whole other level.
Mojito Making In Action
Champagne Mojito Recipe
- ½ cup light rum
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice or lemonade
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped (Plus, more for garnish)
- 2 cups prosecco or champagne
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- 1 cup ice, for serving
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish
In a pitcher or shaker, add rum, lime juice, OJ or lemonade, and fresh mint. Stir. May be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
To serve, fill 4 cups with ice and add rum mixture. Top with prosecco or champagne.
Garnish with lime wedges and mint leaves. Serve!